Tooradin Primary School is located on the South Gippsland Highway, in a rural area 17km south-east of Cranbourne and 70km south-east of Melbourne. It is the only township located on Westernport Bay in the City of Casey. Long considered a coastal fishing village, in the last few years there has been an increased availability of housing and is seen as an area for potential growth and development.
The student population is drawn from four coastal villages on
Westernport Bay; Tooradin, Blind Bight, Warneet and Cannon’s Creek. There are currently 250 students attending the school.
The school was originally established and located on
Stawell’s Inlet in 1875. In 1975 the school relocated to its present site and in 2004 the school commenced the year in its permanent building which consists of 7 classrooms, Library and ICT Centre, Offices and Staffroom, Multi-purpose Room/Gym and Canteen. In 2011 Federal Government funding added a permanent multi-purpose complex. This complex consists of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden (SAKG) program kitchen, Reading Resource room, Reading recovery room and a Multi-purpose space. In 2012 Playgroup commenced and in 2013 a 3 year old learning group began in the Multi-purpose complex.
At Tooradin Primary we are: